Content Top Nav Left Nav Utility Nav Site Search
Mobile Menu


More Links


F1/J1 Students must get the I-20/DS2019 signed by the Immigration Advisor at JSU before travelling outside of United States. For reentry, Students must have:

  • Valid Passport and Visa stamp
  • I-20/DS 2019 with travel endorsement by Immigration Advisor at JSU. Travel signature is valid for 6 months and thus needs a new signature if it has already expired before your upcoming travel.

CBP (Custom and Border Patrol) may ask for additional documents such as:

  • Copy of your academic transcript
  • Evidence of Financial Resources
  • Contact Information of Immigration Advisors at JSU.

If F1 student is re-entering the United States after 5 month break, he/she must obtain a new I-20, pay SEVIS fee and enter on initial status.

Back to Top