Medical Emergencies

If an individual is physically injured or suffers an accident on university premises, the following shall apply:

  1. University students, faculty or staff should immediately determine the identity of the injured person, his/her relationship to the university, and the extent of the injury.
  2. Contact the University Police Department at 256-782-5050 or 911 to report the incident. The University Police Department will request medical assistance from the Jacksonville EMS. The Jacksonville EMS will provide medical treatment on the scene. The patient will be treated at the scene and if it is determined that their injuries require hospitalization, they will be transported to the RMC (Regional Medical Center) - Jacksonville. If the patient does not require further treatment or refuses medical attention, the Jacksonville EMS will have the patient complete a refusal of treatment on scene.